Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Just for Uncle Larry....

We've decided the baby's nickname will be.......Bob Jr.

For the rest of the freinds and family that have NO CLUE what Im talking about, and are curious why would I ever give my child a nickname like this, here is a short story.

When David and I were dating and still in high school, my Uncle Larry and Aunt Susie came to visit us in New Orleans. My dad took all of us out on the paddlewheels boat for the dinner cruise, and he had Dean, the other chief engineer, working that night. My dad was giving us the nickle tour of the boat and the engine room and such. We happen to run into Dean right outside of the engine room, and my dad starts introducing Larry, Susie, he knows me and my mom, and then he gets to David. His mind goes BLANK and he can not remember David's name. So what comes out? "This is Bob." From then on, David has been known as Bob to a few of my family members.

Uncle Larry, I hope you got a good laugh on this one! Miss you guys!

No comments: