Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Sick Caleb Makes for No Fun!

So last week (Monday), Caleb started running a fever. He had been coughing earlier that weekend, had a runny nose and such, but I chalked it up to a cold. I took him to the doc and we found out he has strep. We got some antibiotics and told we should be good to go to school on Wed. Well Wed., we still weren't better...he was still running fever. We decided it must be something viral and it just needed to run its course.

Well Thursday night it got MUCH worse. While David and I were at his Holiday Party, Caleb started running a fever in the 104 range. I assumed it HAD to be the flu. Thats the only time he gets fever of 104. Caleb was at David's parents house....thankfully they were able to break the fever and we went to the doc again on Friday. Caleb tested positive for RSV!!!! GRRRR!

So off we go home with more prescriptions. When I go to pick it up, I found out that the solution for the nebulizer is not covered by insurance!!! The doc had prescribed 96 vials at $640!!!!!! I looked at the pharmacist and said "can you do a payroll deduct?" HAHA. I only got 24 vials at $100 (I had a "savings card" from the doc that saved $50...savings card my butt). The nebulizer machine wasnt covered either...that was $47. I was ok with that...we might need it again....I dont want to rent it either.

So last week we spent over $400 in doctor visits and medicine! This week Caleb is MUCH better, he is back to his normal stinker self. Im very happy that he will be healthy for Christmas too!!!

Keep checking back to find out if we are having a girl or a boy...its a Christmas surprise!!!!

No comments: