Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Trip to New Orleans...so much to tell!

Well, not to New Orelans per say, but to Covington to visit my parents.

David and I made a trip to see my parents for the 4th. We decided to leave Thursday night at 8pm. Caleb slept ok for the most part, except for the bad parts of I-10. He woke on Friday with a small cough. We got to see my very good friends Angie and Kylei on Friday. It was so wonderful to see them!!! I attached some pics of Caleb and Layla (angie's 5mo girl) below. We had a blast (even though David had to work for a bit). I made our yummy sweet rolls for them and they got addicted to them!
Friday night was when it ALL started. Caleb was up all night in pain, which we can only conclude that it was stomach cramps. I make my 1st middle of the night CVS run. I find the medicine I need AND a awesome sale on Triple Paste (diaper cream that ROCKS...it always heals his rash). Sat he was almost himself, a little cranky, but hoarse (I assumed from crying the night before). He had a sore throat, cough and some congestion. Well Monday morning he had an ear infection. Whats nice about tubes is that you know for sure when they have one. Oozzie stuff comes out of his ear, its the ear draining the fluid. On the way home he was sleeping on and off. When he wasnt sleeping he was cranky and ready to get out of the car seat. He looked so pitiful yesterday :(

So today he is at my mother-in-law's. We decided to take him to the doc when she saw that his breathing was labored. Better to be safe than sorry. Doc said his lungs are good, but he has the baby version of a sinus infection :( Poor thing! Hes got fever too. Today when I brought him back it was up to 103. Hopefully tonight the antibotics will kick in and he will get back to his normal self.

Here is Layla and Caleb playing
My sick baby :( Just so tired!




No comments: