Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Caleb is here!!!!!

Most of you probably know that Caleb made his apperance on August 4, 2009 at 5:05pm. He came out weighing 7 pounds, 11 ounces, and being 20.5 inches long. He is just perfect, and David and I couldnt be happier! Here is a shortned version of what happened:
Went to the doc. on Tuesday and my blood pressure was slightly elevated (135/96). She wasnt worried about preclampsia, but hypertension. So she sent me "across the hall" to the hospital for monitoring. So off David and I go. My appt. was for 10:30, so all I had to eat was breakfast, and they didnt want me to eat while being monitored. The original plan was that I would be induced Wed. night and prolly sometime Thursday deliver the baby. OK great. Well they decided to do an ultrasound to check the fluid levels. When they were doing the ultrasound, they realized Caleb was in a frank breech position (butt by my cervix, head and feet by my ribs). We were very blessed that they did this ultrasound! I would have gone through the pain of labor then needed a C-section anyway. Once the doc realized the breech she wanted a C-section, and since there is no time like the present, she did the section yesterday. I was a wreck yesterday. I wasnt mentally prepared to go through all these emotions. It must have just been 20-30 minutes from the time I found out he was breech to walking in the operating room. The nurses and operating staff were AWESOME!!! They really helped calm me down. David couldnt be in the room until I was "preped and ready to go".
Out came Caleb at 5:05pm and he did his blessing into the world by pooping on everyone...lol He was so beautiful when I got to see him. Im working on breastfeeding. Its a "learned skill", and we are still working with it. I didnt get any sleep last night, I think because of all the emotions running through me. Today Im a bit sore from the surgery, now that the medicine has worn off, so Ive been taking the pain medication that they allow me to take. Ive attached some pics below, more will come later, but I know everyone is just dying to see him. Hes got my mouth and feet, but David's toes, ears, and nose. Hes got a full head of hair, which explains all the heartburn! SO far he seems like a very mellow baby, but this is only 24 hours into it.
Thank you for all your prayers, and please continue to pray for us as we continue in this EXCITING journey!!




1 comment:

The Furmans said...

Yay, little Caleb is here!! Congratulations! Can't wait to meet the little guy.