Friday, September 18, 2009

6 weeks

Here is an update on us. Caleb is 6 weeks old now. He weighs 8 pounds, 4 ounces. Ive been having to go back to the doctor each week for weight checks. Hes not gaining enough weight, so we've been working through that. Breastfeed babies gain around 5 ounces a weeks, and he gained 6 ounces in 2 weeks (from 4 weeks to 6 weeks). Im working on some different techniques with breastfeeding, hopefully that will make the difference and he will start gaining. I will find out this Tuesday if it worked. Other than the weight issue Caleb is doing great! We get a smile at least once a day, and hes getting better head control (its still like holding a bobble-head, but its better).

For me, I have to go back to work at 8 weeks, so Sept 30th. Im sad about it because I wanted to take the full 12 weeks, but I will be able to take those 4 weeks at another time. I went to the doc yesterday, and everything is good with me. Ive lost 30 pounds from my last pregnancy check-in. So Im actually 10 pounds lighter than when I started!

No comments: